Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My blower motor started making intermittent whining noises when it is running so I think that it is going out. Being in Texas in the summer I constantly have it going. It go so annoying that I turned off the AC and blower to get some quiet. That is when I noticed the other sound. It sounds like it is some kind of louver that is fluttering when I go down the road. Is there a door or a baffle that opens up (or closes) when I turn off the AC and blower that would cause that noise?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Our blower motor is headed out the door, as well. 2006 4.7L w/about 130k miles.

Anyone done the blower motor replacement? What is the level of difficulty / time involved?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anyone? Trying to decide whether I want to tackle this myself (if it can be done in one day) or have someone else do it.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The blower motor is an easy swap. You can do it in about 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My blower motor started making intermittent whining noises when it is running so I think that it is going out. Being in Texas in the summer I constantly have it going. It go so annoying that I turned off the AC and blower to get some quiet. That is when I noticed the other sound. It sounds like it is some kind of louver that is fluttering when I go down the road. Is there a door or a baffle that opens up (or closes) when I turn off the AC and blower that would cause that noise?

Thanks for the help.
The recirculating door flap is probably the noise your hearing. I bet you have the same issue as me. I took out the glove box today and found the plastic gear broken. The gear is what opens and closes the recirculation door. With a broken gear the door flaps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The recirculating door flap is probably the noise your hearing. I bet you have the same issue as me. I took out the glove box today and found the plastic gear broken. The gear is what opens and closes the recirculation door. With a broken gear the door flaps
Did it look like it could be repaired or just the door flap could be replaced?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hmmm wonder how that got there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts