Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just had a couple quick questions for all you seasoned commander owners.
I had an 07 fj cruiser and was unfortunately involved in a head on collision that totaled it, so I have my eyes set on a commander for my next vehicle.
My question for all of you is, where can I find aftermarket parts for them? I want to get at least a 4" lift, front and rear bumpers, roof rack, and rear tire carrier, but I can't find hardly any of these things online. Especially lifts bigger than 2.5" I know a few companies stopped making lifts for them, and I think that's why I'm having difficulties finding them.
My fj had the icon stage 6 with uniball UCAs, coil overs and bump stops, is there any companies out there that make stuff similar for the commander? Mainly the UCAS. I attached a picture of my fj, that's kind of the same way I'm wanting to set up the commander once I get one.
Any information will be greatly appreciated, and I'm in southern California if that helps.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Matt! I noticed the Jba uppers for the commander aren't uniball. Or does he actually make uniball ones that I'm just missing?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The link to cb-engineer site has UCA's that are uniball for $700, the JBA's are not uniball and are $250 cheaper. JBA recently did an extensive redesign on their arms to optimize spring clearance and alignment specs and are probably the best UCA's you can buy for the XK.

I'm not saying the uniball arms aren't good quality as well, I just don't know anyone running them so they'd be a $700 gamble. Whereas the JBA redesign was done very publicly on Jeepforum; multiple sets were manufactured at varying lengths and installed to check for fit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright awesome! Thank you matt, I really appreciate it. As far as bumpers go, do you know of any companies that have pre made ones available? Or are mostly all xk bumpers custom?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Tactical Armor Group (TAG) makes the only rear bumper "currently" available. That's in quotes because The Steel Armadillo (TSA) is working on a new bumper for my rig; there were a few manufacturing issues when they made my current bumper. I'll be following up with the owner next week to see what the status/schedule looks like. If you're not in a hurry, I'd wait to see how TSA's Gen-II bumper comes out (hopefully soon).

TAG and TSA both make front bumpers as well. Both are built to order.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are there any pics out there of the TSA front bumper painted or coated? How about customized with lights, bars, winches etc? I've seen the plain one with no finish on the site but that's it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts