Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We noticed this crack in the passenger side door handle panel. The others aren't cracked. When one pulls the door handle to open the door it hits on the door panel causing the stress on te plastic, waalaa......crack. It only pushes on the door panel like 1/16" or so, but I guess it was enough for it to crack. Anyone else had this problem? It's off to the dealer we go for a new door panel.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to the dealer today, he said "how on earth did that happen"? I said, you tell me! Since he couldn't offer any sort of explanation, I said, It looks like door panel pulled in more than usual it was tightened, caused by some sort of panel defect or the door handle is opening a bit too much hitting the door panel. Anyways, he ordered us a new door panel and will be here soon.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: New passenger door panel installed today. Dealer also fixed the drivers side plastic trim that wraps around the bottom of the seat, where the electric seat controls are. The screw that holds it just pulled out of the metal, the factory obviously drilled the hole too big.

Wife says excellent service, remembered her name, and it was the second time she had been there since the Jeep sales/service split off from Chevy/Buick early this summer.

·
Registered
473 Posts
had to have our drivers side door panel replaced when we bought it. went to pick it up and near the door handle was a light colored spot about the size of a dime. looks almost like someone got grease or something on it and used a solvent to clean it and wore the coloring off.
they had to replace the whole panel.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another cracked door handle panel

The driver side door panel cracked the same place the passenger side panel cracked. The wife took it down to the dealer today. They took digital pics of the cracked panel, tags, and vin. They have to send pics in now to have it covered by DC- they said, whatever it takes:rolleyes: Anyways, it's warranty replacement! Hope the new one's don't crack. Seems strange that we are the only ones with this problem, especially since both sides have cracked now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not true..... I have the same problem..... Last week the drivers back door handle/panel is craked. Took it to the dealer and they notice that the handle was faulty. Took the panel off and notice that the whole assy was broke and cracked almost as like someone was pulling so hard it broked. I do not know about drivers out there but I baby my vehicles..... I know every scratch and smell...... My wife inspects the jeep in the morning and afternoon everyday.... We are not about to break anything on my expensive limited jeep.
Well, they are fixing this proble today at my wife's work parking lot. The repair man notice that we have the same problem(not as severe) in the driver door. He will notify his manager and I will notify the service manager at GREENBRIER JEEP in CHESEAPAKE, VA. It looks like its already craking around the handle in the panel.... I think this might be a bigger problem than we think......

Any one else has this issue? COMMENTS FROM ANY ONE PLS.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
YB Normyl said:
I'll check mine tonight. I think, like Mango mentioned, the panel was over tightened causing the screws that hold the handle in place or some other part to bottom out.
I'm gonna check under the screw caps to see if there's a crack starting.

Well, I hope no one had this problem but you never know. The panels are easy to take off and once that done, pull on the handle. You might be able to determain this issue if it applies to you. Hope your good but either way, the dealer ship should take care of problem if anything...

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
davebbq said:
my driverside door handle loose...took it apart today...looks as if i have to buy whole door panel? is there a mod for it ? i have 06 limited 4x4..
I have the same problem. I haven't taken it apart yet to see exactly what is wrong. Would the warranty cover this?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I have same issue now on driver side, dealership will not cover under warranty said I will have to purchase new door panel.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts