Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello strangers, big fan of this site. I've been lurking for a while but i need some input now. I have developed a rather large and unsightly crack in one of my front fog lenses and i'd like to replace it. Cant find any useful info on the web, and recently our dealer in town closed so thats no help. Any useful links or suggestions for a noob? Also has anyone used Lamin-X film?

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Here is a link:

http://www.justforjeeps.com/xkcopa.html#top

I do not believe that you can purchase just the lens. This link is for an entire fog light. justforjeeps is a dealer in Massachusetts. They stock many XK parts. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
423 Posts
You have to purchase the entire fog light unit. I'm going to replace both of mine soon because they both look like crap and then put a layer of lamin-x on them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all- I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy a replacement housing. I probably won't either. I'm now curious as to whether it would be a good idea to cover a cracked lense with Lamin-X... my thinking is might as well try it- i have Lamin-X ordered and en route ($20), i don't have the issue with moisture inside the lense (yet) which leads me to believe its still sound, albeit unsightly. A film now would prevent any moisture from developing right?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Phog, I might be blind but where did you order just lamin-x for the fog lights? Usually they make you order the whole kit for the front end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not sure how i feel about these- thoughts? Obviously it's nighttime driving that matters so i'll evaluate these next few days... I'm happy they don't clash with the hazards like i feared they might. but on a red car?... we'll see

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well in true east Kansas fashion it's foggy. A dense fog advisory was issued last night so, naturally, i went out to explore with my new tinted fog lamps. They provide a nice yellow glow, i do however need to adjust the angle of my fogs a bit lower. Looking at them next to my Silverstar Ultras they're not as yellow as i'd like but i think that's what i get without a yellow bulb in place. Overall, i dig the look, especially aesthetically without the lamps even on. Couldn't get a good nighttime pic but i'll try again...

·
Registered
343 Posts
RockAuto.com has the best price on the fog lights. They also shipped them to me pretty quick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts