Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever had a problem with the passenger window doing whatever it feels like going up and down? Sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down to different places when you use the button. HELP!

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
My passenger window recently did the same thing and this is a known problem with the Commanders. I followed the repair procedure in TSB 23-008-06 and that seems to have taken care of the problem. You just have to reset the control. Here is the procedure:

1. Reset the express-up module for the door window glass in question.
a. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its
second detent (manual mode) and holding switch until the glass is fully closed.
b. Drive the glass to the full-down position by pushing down on (depress) the window
switch until the window glass is fully open. Do not release the window switch.
Continue to hold the window switch down for 30 seconds after the window glass is
fully open.
c. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its
second detent (manual mode) and holding up on the switch for at least one (1) full
second after the window glass has fully closed.
d. Check the operation of the express-up feature.
e. Check that the window glass reverses when in the express-up mode by holding a
pen in the path of the glass.

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
If the above doesn't take care of it you need to take it to the dealer and have them refer to TSB #23-008-06. They may have to replace the window regulator. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same thing happened to me.... It took me about a year for them to fix it. Every oil change I complained and every time they said they couldn't "duplicate" the problem so too bad for me.... Finally they replaced the module, but during that time I was not to happy.....

·
Registered
717 Posts
They ordered a new passenger side regulator for me when I was in for service last week....I'm betting they're on backorder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts