Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Commander Limited 5.7 QD-II 189k miles
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to Commanders. Seeing what’s now available for lifts since the 4” Superlift is no longer available, I’ve been looking under mine at the suspension and thinking, has anyone thought about or tried something like a body lift the raise the unibody up from the front subframe and transmission crossmember to get more lift without ruining half-shafts? I had an AWD Chevy Astro van and there are kits available for those that do similar. My thoughts are body lift for the cross members, coil spacer, strut lift, and JBA or Rocky Road upper control arms. The biggest issues I can think of would be steering shaft extension and maybe transmission shifter needing to be raised if it’s mounted to the trans rather than a cable shift system. Maybe heater core hose. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Administrator
15,875 Posts
@Ramchargerjay Since the Commander has a unibody frame you can not do a body lift.

·
Registered
2006 Commander Limited 5.7 QD-II 189k miles
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Ramchargerjay Since the Commander has a unibody frame you can not do a body lift.

I’m not exactly talking about a body lift. It’s body lift spacers between the body and the front subframe and transmission crossmember, only to lift the front. The rear is easy to match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts