Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
It sure is real. Look at the way the trees are growing. You cant change the way trees grow when you tilt a camera. Plus watch the wheel wells when hes coming down the hill.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah that's real, notice his wheels sliding down the hill. That won't happen on flat ground. And yeah the trees can't be changed with camera angles.

·
Registered
331 Posts
it's a steep hill, but they ARE tilting the camera. use the grass in the foreground on the downhill trip, and the pedestrain at the bottom of the hill to get proper perspective. best with a laptop

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I call BS. At 1:20 when the vehicle starts sliding then comes to a sudden stop. At that angle I don't believe it would stop that quick. To much momentum in the slide. Also with the suspension travel on the rear wheel I suspect that there was a cable that was edited out slowing the decent even if the angle of the rock face was as depicted.

·
Registered
282 Posts
the tires are sliding on the way down. shouldve at least wore a helmet

·
Registered
213 Posts
Strategically enhaced.
The grass at the 50 sec and 135 sec marks show more of a true grade.
The camera op did a nice job.
Still looks like a great hill.
I forwarded this to my bro that works for LR.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fore ground grass gives it away. It is superimposed onto the background.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I told you guys it was real. I dont understand why you guys didnt think it was. :stickpoke:

You cant seriously watch that second video and still think its fake.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
it is real, but not as bad as the camera guy makes it. I think the person shot both videos. In the second video you easily tell that the hill is not as steep. On the second video 14 mark you can see the real hill and 40 you can see the camera guy tilting the camera.

I started laughing at the 2:05-2:06 mark of squidz video.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
It's still a very steep hill though. I definately wouldn't try it in my XK without having QD II. It wouldnt be worth making it half way up and then rolling back down.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I went up a rocky hill that was that steep with Old McDonald. The video is around here somewhere.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I went up a rocky hill that was that steep with Old McDonald. The video is around here somewhere.
49er...

Yo know the rules. No vid / pic it did not happen!
:stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts