Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dumb question. what does CRD designate? i thought that was for diesel models, is this correct?
the other day i got behind a liberty that said CRD on the back. it didn't sound like a diesel. i didn't know these were out yet.
can someone help me with this?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
CRD = Common Rail Diesel.

The Liberty has been available with an Italian-made diesel engine for a couple of years. However it has been discontinued for 2007 as it does not meet the new emissions requirements.

A clean common rail diesel will be available in the Grand Cherokee for 2007 and most likely the Commander in 2008. A clean common rail diesel will most likely reappear in the new (baby-Commander) Liberty in late 2008 or early 2009.

The EPA is supposed to make some decisions on urea-injection systems within the next few weeks which may mean that Jeep will see use of the Bluetec system. That would mean fuel economy of 30+mpg and an engine at least as clean as a gasoline engine.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Saw the baby commander being tested in my area, i thought it was a nitro but then i saw throught the covers a 7 slot grille, it looked pretty sweet

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a crd commander here in australia made in austria. 0 to 100 kph in 9 seconds which is good for a diesel it does reach a speed of 190 kph.
its very quiet and can tow 3 tons with ease.
i have a black 65th anniversary model and its the talk of the town.
love my commander

1 - 7 of 7 Posts