Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought these Cree 4" cubes and I had some ideas about mounting. I have seen a lot of people mounting KC type lights onto the grille of their XKs and I was thinking about doing something similar. I am currently waiting on them to come in and physically see the brackets but i wanted to know some opinions on the different mounting locations. I'm looking for something pretty easy and not time consuming so just please let me know.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I mounted some last weekend on a friends rig in place of his fog lamps. They fit in. Quite bright.

We have found that they cause some interference with his radio however.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What all did you have to do to mount them there? Were there any aftermarket fittings that needed to be put in? The only issue I have putting them there is that I already have LED bulbs in my fog lights.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
What all did you have to do to mount them there? Were there any aftermarket fittings that needed to be put in? The only issue I have putting them there is that I already have LED bulbs in my fog lights.
Which ones did you purchase specifically? The mounting solutions vary depending on the light.

I'm not sure if the XK has the same sized fog holes or not, but they certainly look similar.

In our case we removed the factory fog and the only thing we had to purchase to install was a few washers. Just bolted it to His fog lamp "cup."

Back side of fog

Washer on CUBE:

Installing square peg in a round hole.

Installed and lit up

Disclaimer! Not my pictures, nor the truck that I installed this on, I pulled the photos from the writeup that we used.

Credit to "evil-titan"
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-how-area/274657-3x3-led-fog-light-install.html

·
Registered
954 Posts
They have mounts for the Wrangler that allow you to fit flush mounted squared LED lights in the OEM fog cutouts. Would be nice if they had the same mounts for our XKs.

I've also seen tabs that slide under the grill and screw on to the frame to hold aux lights directly above the bumper. I think they have these for the Cherokees. Too bad we don't get any of these cool toys lol.

I was exploring this idea as well, regarding mounting aux lights without a front bumper guard. I'll be following this thread or let you know if I come across something.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
You will likely have an easy time installing in the lower or upper grille area as well. Drilling a few holes may be required.
Wow, I kinda like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts