Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there used to be a lot of interest in buying cross bars. I've seen that they usually sell for around $100 - $125 on Ebay and on here. I thought I would go to the dealer and see about getting a pair off of one on the lot. I went in and asked on of the salesmen if I could do that. He did some checking and told me they would do it for $75. So, duh, I got me a pair of cross bars.

He was kinda sneaky about it but I did not ask him to do anything wrong, I don't think. I figure if he's trying to hide it that's his issue.

Just thought I'd pass along an idea. While the internet is a wonderful thing the best deals may be right in your backyard.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Have they cooled down yet?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
sounds to me like he just made an extra $75 to put in his pocket. He will probably send in a warranty claim that they are on the build sheet but were not on the vehicle when it came in.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not even consider that he would do something dishonest. I'm bad in that regard. My wife says I'm to trusting. I guess that may be the case.

If it matters he took them off a used one in the lot.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I did not even consider that he would do something dishonest. I'm bad in that regard. My wife says I'm to trusting. I guess that may be the case.

If it matters he took them off a used one in the lot.
At least he did take it off a used one. Its not your fault that he did something like this. My guess is they will not take $75 off price of the jeep.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I don't think it was unethical of you and if he did something wrong, that's on him.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I don't think it was unethical of you and if he did something wrong, that's on him.
I would not think you did anything unethical unless you knew in advance that he was going to do that.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Maybe I should take my cross bars off and leave them in the garage until I need them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts