Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Does anyone have experience with this lift kit?

http://www.crownautomotive.net/product/RT-Lift-Kits/WK2SP.html

It looks very similar to the Rough Country kit. Living in Australia this is the only spacer lift I can find domestically. I would just purchase the RC lift, but with conversion and shipping it becomes a little cost prohibitive for only a 2 inch lift.

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

Cheers

·
Administrator
15,206 Posts
They look identical to me. I bet the Crown is a RC but just sold under a different name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing that looks different to me is that the RC spacers appear to have a solid ring, whereas the Crown spaces have gaps. Not sure if that translates into less strength or not.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The crown lift will work fine if that's the easiest option for you

·
Administrator
15,206 Posts
The only thing that looks different to me is that the RC spacers appear to have a solid ring, whereas the Crown spaces have gaps. Not sure if that translates into less strength or not.
No, the RC has gaps too. I have the RC lift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Done. Ordered. Thanks all for the advice. It's good to know that there are still active Commander owners despite the model being discontinued a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Done. Ordered. Thanks all for the advice. It's good to know that there are still active Commander owners despite the model being discontinued a few years ago.
This is the direction that I will likely go as well.

It would be nice to hear about your experience with the crown auto lift, as it looks identical to RC.

Pictures would be awesome!

Also happy to see Commander owners still around :)

There is a lot (more) active WK owners as well, and since we share so many components I like to look to those guys for ideas/support too FYI.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The way I see it the 2nd and after owners of the Commanders are going to be the ones that are going to be modding them more. They don't have as much into the vehicles cost wise and have more money to play around with. Well at least that's my case.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The way I see it the 2nd and after owners of the Commanders are going to be the ones that are going to be modding them more. They don't have as much into the vehicles cost wise and have more money to play around with. Well at least that's my case.
This is why I don't purchase vehicles new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts