Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal here? Gasoline finally dropped after the idiotic OPEC and oil producers got greedy during the summer, and put the world in a brink of extinction. Now when everything goes flipflop, and demand for oil drops... how is it gas is on the rise once more right now? Any takers?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
its $1.32 in montana, 1.47 here in wyoming.

nothing going up. oil supplies are so high, they are running out of storage. i see a repeat of the late 90's. $1.00 gal. gas.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its $1.32 in montana, 1.47 here in wyoming.

nothing going up. oil supplies are so high, they are running out of storage. i see a repeat of the late 90's. $1.00 gal. gas.
We got as far down to about $1.31 for regular... now it's back up to about $1.59. I know, about .28, but it adds up :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
$1.91 here just north of Detroit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We've settled around $1.69-$1.73 area here in southeast Mass. We got down to about $1.50 then it creeped it's way up, and has now settled.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
It was steady at $1.59/gal for weeks leading up to the holidays. At the end of the year it jumped up to about $1.65/gal and has held there until now. I doubt it will drop too much lower before the spring. I can be happy with $1.65/gal instead of the $3.50/gal I was paying not too long ago.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I've been sitting at around $1.75 for a while now out here.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well, now it's $1.80. Dang!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I HAD 1.29 for a time or two, but now its back at 1.43.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
We had a gas war between Walmart and Marathon - dropped to 1.29 right before Christmas. Now everyone hovers around 1.99. Supplies are record high, oil down to 34.00. Your guess is as good as mine.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gas is $1.89 (in western PA) and climbing. How could it be $1.65 when oil was $50 a barrel and now go up as price per barrel dropped???

·
Registered
953 Posts
What is the deal here? Gasoline finally dropped after the idiotic OPEC and oil producers got greedy during the summer, and put the world in a brink of extinction. Now when everything goes flipflop, and demand for oil drops... how is it gas is on the rise once more right now? Any takers?

Speculators. The cost of gas at the pump is never what the oil companies payed for that batch of crude, it's what speculators expect to pay in some [near] future time. In other words, it's not based on anything more than guessing, however educated that guess may be. So when OPEC says they are reducing production, wars in the Middle East, and so on, the guessing guys are speculating on how easy and at what price crude will go for. Guessing causes comotion, and we, the consumer, [usually] get reamed for it.

Prices per barrel may currently be < $36.00, for example, but they are speculating [guessing] that that same barrel may cost > $50.00 next month, so they are already jacking up their prices.

Sucks for us. :(

·
Registered
576 Posts
I still put mid grade in mine, always have done... it's at $1.79 now in the DFW area... up from $1.49 only 3 weeks ago.

I was enjoying filling up for $28.

My wife's MX5 on premium was only $16 to fill up!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Silly people. Why would anyone think gas would stay down is beyond me. But hey, it's a new day. Just ask the media--the messiah is here and all is well. That is the kool-aid they are trying to force down the public's throat and they are just so happy to have it that way.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Change is coming...

Yes, gas prices are going back up!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts