Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I've done to the XK that past two weeks. Installed a hitch, weathertech floor liners, Moto Medal M0950 rims (0 offset), and Goodyear Silent Armor 255/70/17 tires. I have front chrome tow hooks sitting in the basement. I also purchased some recovery gear. Now all I need to do is take it off road.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I like what you done with it. Looking good.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Really like the wheels. Got a close-up?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Man, It really is looking nice! Now go get dirty!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. The rims and tires really make it look more aggressive.
jeep5253 - I will take some closeups of the rims and post them today.

my800 - I am definitely ready to get it dirty. Just need to find someone who knows trails around here to go with.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a closeup of the rims as promised.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I created this slideshow showing the transition.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
sciron4x4 said:
Very nice, man. Take the 2 1/2 hour drive down to this area, and I'll gladly go out and show you some trails. Ha.
Thanks. I will take you up on that offer. There are no legal trails near here, so I definitely have to do the drive. How does March sound? You pick a day that is right for you. I'm off all of March. Maybe we could go over some of the trails that you plan on taking us on in Sept.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Great! Looking really nice.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Fohn_Jargo said:
I just saw similar wheels on a Chevy Tahoe and was wondering how those would look!

Would you tell me where you got them and how much you paid?

Looks fantastic!
I bought them from a place called Quality Tire here in Woodbridge, Va. Excellent place to deal with. Will definitely deal with them in the future. It was $217 a rim. After taxes and installation it was like $970. I just sold the Chrome Clads for $275 to my800, I'm selling the spacers to prudemonkey (he's got first dibs on them) for $240, and currently advertising the tires for $200 at work. So after all is sold, I'm coming up with like $240 out of my pocket.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
webjones said:
Ah.... nevermind. I just found a post by CrzCajun with some excellent photos.
Glad you liked them. Really like the way they cover up a lot of the carpet.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just saw this here, and the rims do look great! That was a good move, and the price seems excellent for the rims. Looks like I will be keeping my job (at least from the runors I hear!) - Will have the official announcement Feb 25, so I can take those off your hands as soon as I get confirmation!!! Thanks....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts