Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the forum law states I am not allowed to promote my company or products, I will keep it personal. (I) am designing a CAI for the 3.7L commander. It has 3" polished aluminum tubing, washable filter and a powder coated intake box to seperate the filter compartment from the engine bay. I'm expecting this to look and perform better than the K&N, and cost less!
Does anyone have any other input or suggestions? I will post some pictures as it all comes together. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Since the forum law states I am not allowed to promote my company or products, I will keep it personal. (I) am designing a CAI for the 3.6 commander. It has 3" polished aluminum tubing, washable filter and a powder coated intake box to seperate the filter compartment from the engine bay. I'm expecting this to look and perform better than the K&N, and cost less!
Does anyone have any other input or suggestions? I will post some pictures as it all comes together. :)
I'm interested in seeing a finished product pic ...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm interested as well......Are you going to do dyno runs to show any increases this set-up will give?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dyno

There will only be a dyno run if there happens to be a large demand for this item. I will post milage increases, and air inlet temperature data compared to engine compartment temperature. Next week I should have some pictures.
Thanks!
Ken

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would be interested. Please keep me updated
Thanks

·
Registered
954 Posts
You got my attention.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Keep us updated i would be interested too. Can't wait for some pics.......

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm listening...

·
Registered
422 Posts
good luck on any decent gains...

I haven't seen the V6 in a while if its anything like the V8 as far as the MAF and Throttle body placement be concerned in avoiding the protruding ac bolts and other things in the way from running a smooth tube...(see my pics for what I mean). But Good Luck!

·
Registered
809 Posts
...You could wrap the intake tube in insulation to keep the aluminum from transferring heat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tricky

On the OEM intake, there is a temp sensor and its not a standard round hole. The sensor requires a special hole to mount inside shaped like the milky way galaxy. Of course they couldn't use a standard hole. This is my first obsticle.

·
Registered
809 Posts
...drill then hand (Dremel) grind?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
supplies

I found all the supplies I will need. The other manufactures use a seal on the box that seals the hood when you close it. I found this seal is probably made by Trim Lok and its more expensive than I thought. Hopefully after this weekend I will have some pictures of the progress.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts