1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom built HIDprojector headlights from hidprojectors.com

Hey everyone,

I just had some custom headlights built by hidprojectors.com

We'll be installing them on my girlfriends jeep this weekend. Here are the pictures I have. I will post more once they're installed

·
Registered
954 Posts
Wow, they look really nice.... want!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Please keep us posted on the functionality and cost of the lights. Pics of the output at night would be cool.

You should talk the guys and ask them to provide you with a part number of this identical product for those of us that are interested, we can just give them the part number when ordering. Of course, if you don't mind others having those same headlights lol. Maybe they can even give you a discount on future orders for spreading the news and a part number. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
These are custom made and do not have a traditional part number. If you want a set you'll have to do what I did and email them.

[email protected]

All of the bulbs and ballasts are branded with hidprojectors stickers.

The ballasts are REALLY fast to ignite the bulbs, they are faster than my old BMWs when turning on, putting them on the bench is one thing but once they're on the jeep I'll have more details.

Here is a photo of the light output from the website.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Awesome find! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Wow! That looks pretty sweet. How does it look at night time? Is it an improvement over the stock headlights? Would you mind uploading a nighttime shot of the road ahead for us? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks really great! Looking forward to night time beam pictures!

What did you end up paying for them, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok guys here you go, I waited for the rain to stop.

Here you can see the beam cutoff against the house and how it dips down directly in front so you don't blind oncoming traffic.

Driving photos

Low beam in a field

High beam same field, doesn't really do it justice. The cutoff shield opens and illuminates everything above where the cutoff used to be. I should have taken a photo against some trees.

Low & high again, different terrain

As for price, well.. a lot

And I would do it again

·
Registered
954 Posts
Wow, they look great at night! Thanks for sharing. I received a quote for that particular design and it's pricey, but looks like it's well worth it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks very nice bro.

It's actually not that hard to do for those who want to do this setup.

I did mine with a single projector.

Morimoto h1 mini (the larger projector)
Morimot matchbox (smaller more projector)

Morimot elite hid kit. 2 of these if want both projectors to have hide.
You can go to YouTube and follow any morimot retrofit headlight video.

·
Registered
954 Posts
How are the projector lights holding up? I ordered a pair (not as a fancy as those) and one of the headlight assemblies was obviously left to bake longer than the other since a couple of the brackets that hold the headlight are melted and badly warped. Were yours ok?

I emailed them about it and included a few pictures and we'll see what they're able to do. It was so disappointing because we're supposed to be in the 60s this weekend in Chicago so it would've been perfect weather for removing the bumper. The way it looks now it won't sit flush and I don't know how bad it'll look without actually trying it and I'd hate to remove the bumper to find out the one headlight won't sit properly. Grrr.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Just to follow up- I received a reply this morning and they're going to replace the one bad headlight. Great customer service!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.