Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
It would appear as though tactical armor group have gone (going) out of business. Does this mean that steel armadillo is the last man standing making bumpers for the commander?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I look at there wrb site it doesn't show a bumper anymore on the current list of parts for commanders

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to a company in Baldwin, Ga called Georgia Outdoor Fabworx. They never have done anything on a Commander before. But they have made Bumpers for Jeep Wranglers and Cherokees.They looked at my Commander and gave me an idea by showing me a picture of one on a Jeep Cherokee. I am worried about Weight. They only use 1/4" steel plate.

·
2,248 Posts
Here are some pictures of my front and rear bumper.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Has anyone had made or made a bumper lately? Looking for a front and a rear with tire carrier
Steel Armadillo used to fabricate custom off-road Commander bumpers once upon a time - for a brief period, but from what I understand, they do not fabricate anything for Commanders any longer.

Even ARB, one of the largest custom off-road bumper manufacturers around, does not fabricate anything for Commanders.

Bluelakeoffroad.com is the only company I know of that currently fabricates custom front & rear bumpers for Jeep Commanders and they will build them to your specs - but they are not cheap.

Now that being said, I don't mind spending money when you are getting a quality product - and Bluelakeoffroad does quality work from everything I have seen, heard & read about them.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
1/4 plate weighs 10 pounds a square foot, so if you get an idea of the shape and size they would make then you would know how much the whole thing would weigh,as the Wrangler bumper looks a lot smaller than Huey's. If you want a winch mount then let them know, that and the winch you would use,and if they are making a custom one for you I'm sure that a drawing of what you want or a list with height, width, and ground clearance would help them out.

Swanny

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is Georgia Mountain Fabworx. Not outdoor. They were quoting me $650 for front $850 for rear. This includes their finish which is spray can Bedliner. The reason they use it, it's easier to touch up. I was thinking of linex bed liner on mine. I was going with a receiver hitch and the two stock fog lights. Also was doing tabs on the bar for lights.

·
2,248 Posts
My front and rear bumpers were made by a fellow who is not making them anymore. He just made a few but he did a great job.

I am going to post several pictures of the bumpers on this thread in case anyone wants to duplicate the design.

I painted mine with bed liner and it is easy to touch up when needed.

It will probably take several posts to get all the pictures on here.

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
more pictures.

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
more pictures

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
final front bumper pictures

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
Here are pictures of the rear bumper.

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
more pictures of the rear bumper

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
rear bumper

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
rear bumper again

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice bumpers. I haven't gave the go ahead for the bumpers yet. I did go ahead and installed OME 2" HD and Terra Grappler G2s 245/75/17s.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts