Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Could this be mounted to the factory roof rails? I don't see how this guy mounted it. It seems to be the perfect size for our trucks.

[deleted]

Granted, it needs to be painted the hell out of, etc.....

·
Registered
887 Posts
You link is an email...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
removed the link, looking forward to the pic.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here we go

The ad:

i have a very large custom roof rack 4x5ft that was on my 96 grand cherokee just loose the stock rack and this well bolt right up in the factory holes great for camping or off roading ply wood bottom 1in sq. tuping frame can be made to fit whatever probably the mounting post are 41 1/4 from outside to outside and inside to inside is 37 1/4 so its like a 4in plate asking 100obo for the rack only lights and jerry cans are NOT included can take more pictures for you too

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
The ad:

i have a very large custom roof rack 4x5ft that was on my 96 grand cherokee just loose the stock rack and this well bolt right up in the factory holes great for camping or off roading ply wood bottom 1in sq. tuping frame can be made to fit whatever probably the mounting post are 41 1/4 from outside to outside and inside to inside is 37 1/4 so its like a 4in plate asking 100obo for the rack only lights and jerry cans are NOT included can take more pictures for you too
sorry but that rack just looks foolish....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry but that rack just looks foolish....
I admit is isn't pretty, lol, but I was planning on wire brushing and sanding everything reallly well, then repainting. I just don't see where/how it could be attatched to our crossrails. Oh well, I'll save up for the Yakima.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
I would not put it on mine but if you like the look then it is your jeep.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would not put it on mine but if you like the look then it is your jeep.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing the more I look at it, lol.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
It looked to commercial for a POV, I would use that for hauling building material or rafts to the river kind of thing, but not on a family vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts