Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am having problems with my 2006 jeep Commander 4.7L. It is reading the code P0304 and another code(ican't remember what it was) but it pertained to coil pack D. I know it is a misfire and I can definitly feel it. It idles very rough, will not go past 2500 rpms, and stutters very badly while driving. I have done the following with no results:

1. Replaced all the spark plugs
2.replaced the coil pack D
3.Replaced the fuel injector #4
4. Replaced the Camshaft sensor

I have also done plenty of diagnostic work and have revealed that I am getting a constant voltage to the fuel injector; however, I am not getting a pulse. My suspicions are that my pcm is bad, but I hate to go spend several huyndred dollars on a new pcm and that not be the problem. Has anyone had anything like this? Could it be a crankshaft sensor?

Also, just another but of info. I have had the dreaded check gas cap message for the past 6 months. I have purchased a new OEM gas cap from dealer and it still gave the small EVAP leak message. Could this be related to my misfire at all?

Any suggestions would be grealy appreciated.

IF you need any other info please just let me know.

I'm happy to have found this site/forum.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I wish I could help you out. It seems like everything I would have recommended you have already replaced. Hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update:

I ordered a new pcm from autocomputerecm.com and recieved it yesterday. Installed it, and my misfire problem went away. However, I now have a whole new set of problems. My transmission is not working properly, I have all kinds of trouble codes, and it is stuck in 3rd gear. I'm trying to get ahold of autocomputerecm.com to see what they will do to rectify these problems.

Ryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
For what it's worth i had a similar problem. When it first happen to me I was driving and all the sudden it was acting like the tranny was slipping, the rpms would go up a little but I could not go over 45mph. Sometimes it would run rough and it would act like it was stuck in 3rd or 4th gear and would not let me manual shift. Took it in to the dealership turned out to be the speed censor inside the tranny.
Hope this was help full.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts