Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I am a newbie here and thought I would share my Commander with you all. I've done lots of mods so far, all of which were to enhance the look of the truck. Here is my Mod list so far:

Wheels :
Cordon CR-12
22x9 Front
22x10.5 Rear
Vredestein Tires
265/35/22
315/30/22
HID Headlight Conversion 6,000K
Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation
Thule Ski Racks
LED License Plate Lights

Pics:

Since These photos I have done more mods, I will take pics this weekend and post them here, stand by.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Kind of reminds me of the European XK, which I like a lot.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Won't the difference in your tire sizes funk up the 4WD system?.. or does that only apply to tires on the same axle?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys I am a newbie here and thought I would share my Commander with you all. I've done lots of mods so far, all of which were to enhance the look of the truck. Here is my Mod list so far:

Wheels :
Cordon CR-12
22x9 Front
22x10.5 Rear
Vredestein Tires
265/35/22
315/30/22
HID Headlight Conversion 6,000K
Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation
Thule Ski Racks
LED License Plate Lights

Pics:

Since These photos I have done more mods, I will take pics this weekend and post them here, stand by.
Do you have pics of the touch screen?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Nice commander man, really like those wheels. Keep it clean!

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If both tires were the same with and different side wall heights then that would be a problem because the overall diameters wouldn't match. Ex:

265/35/22 = 29.30
265/30/22 = 28.25

Now when you widen that tire its also going to to get a little taller so to keep the height the same you must drop the sidewall height:

315/30/22 = 29.44

Rule of thumb is you must keep the overall diameters with 3% of one another to be safe with a AWD vehicle.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If both tires were the same with and different side wall heights then that would be a problem because the overall diameters wouldn't match. Ex:

265/35/22 = 29.30
265/30/22 = 28.25

Now when you widen that tire its also going to to get a little taller so to keep the height the same you must drop the sidewall height:

315/30/22 = 29.44

Rule of thumb is you must keep the overall diameters with 3% of one another to be safe with a AWD vehicle.
Ah I see! Thanks for the input.

If you haven't already, get a set of LED tail lights. They are simply amazing and well worth the price in my opinion.

·
Registered
117 Posts
D2 I like what you've done, really nice lookin CMDR you've got. I'm not too crazy about rims overall especially with XK's but I've seen a set that were blacked out that I loved. Yours give the black body a nice touch - are they high polish or chrome?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Honestly speaking, the Commander is beautiful but the wheels make it look like a cartoon.

·
Registered
213 Posts
To each his own!
Nice looking Commander, go do your thing.
Pretty brutual crowd.
I like your graphics, Would like to see a straight on shot of that.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Moved to the "Garage" Section.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts