Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 08, sport 4wd with 3.7 L V6, Getting ready to order pinion ring and seal. There's an option of W/ Dana 33 or W/O Dana on Cheapest Factory Parts.com.How do I know if I 've got a Dana 33 or not ?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't know if any XKs came with a Dana 33. I know that 4WD models came with a variation of the Chrysler 8.25, and depending on the equipment it was either a 10 bolt rear end without an LSD or a 12 bolt rear end with an LSD.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dana 33 option

Yea, to my knowledge there was never an option to have a Dana 33 rear end in the Commander. But on the above mentioned web site they have different items and price for the same part. So I feel safe in ordering the pinion seal and bearing for the W/O Dana 33.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Have a 08, sport 4wd with 3.7 L V6, Getting ready to order pinion ring and seal. There's an option of W/ Dana 33 or W/O Dana on Cheapest Factory Parts.com. How do I know if I 've got a Dana 33 or not ?
I always try to get new/newer members to get the factory build sheet for their Commanders - and this is exactly why - so you don't have to guess or wonder about what your Commander has or doesn't have, as far as factory equipment and options go;

To get the factory build sheet for your Commander, click on the link below and navigate to "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing" and then enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

Dodge - Contact Us

You also might consider reading this - lots of good information in here:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-required-reading-new-member-introduction-post-other-important-new-member-info.html

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Thanks Big Blue. I'll diffidently be checking out this site. Very valuable.
Once you plug in your VIN your build sheet will come up right away in a PDF file, all you have to do is print it out - or you can download it and save it to your computer.

This is essential documentation for any XK owner - especially if you are not the original owner.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
build sheet

Could not agree more about being essential documentation. Now have a PDF file saved on computer and hard copy in the "Jeep Commander" file folder. Btw, no mention of Dana 33 on build sheet.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Could not agree more about being essential documentation. Now have a PDF file saved on computer and hard copy in the "Jeep Commander" file folder. Btw, no mention of Dana 33 on build sheet.
That's the beauty of the factory build sheet - if it's a factory option and it's not listed on that build sheet, you know definitively, that your XK didn't have that option installed.

No guessing or wondering involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts