Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Commander without a sunroof. Today when we were driving we turned the corner, heard water sloshing around & then water poured out of the passenger side dash, behind the glove box!

I am thinking that my A/C drain is clogged?!?!? What can I do to get it drained out? And I'm not taking it to the dealer.....

I know that some people have drilled a hole, but where?!?!

please help!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I recently have seen a few drips of water coming from the screw covers for the handle on the "A" pillar (the lower one on the drivers side specifically). I was going to investigate more but we are in a drought in my neck of the woods so the leak has not been an issue. You may want to check that area as I have not heard of the A/C clog causing water on the dash board.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think if you search you may find some old threads I wrote about this. Short end of it your main airbox condensation/rain drain is clogged, and it exits in between sheetmetal and above the frame, the only way to get to it is to take the dash apart, disassemble the lower airbox or something like that. My dealer got me some temporary help by drilling a small hole, closing all the vents and blowing air into teh box, pressurizing it and getting it to drain. He also tried to poke a hole and dislodge the debris.

It is a very large drain, and mine was obstructed by a quarter, which JUST fit into the drain tube and backed up with normal debris..... A bummer...

Pull up your carpets........... bet they the insulation is soaked. It was kind of fun for a while, got 'misted' when I went around turns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts