Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an o6 commander, for the last7 month’s o so the interior, dash, radio and even head lights seem to have their own agenda. The fan speed for the ac only work on high and Know one at the dealer ships can tell me anything. Well we can’t fix it if we can’t see it do it. Well I say Horse crap! There are electrical issues posted all over the enter net. The same issues I’m speaking of. It’s not like I’m making this up. Has anyone else had these issues with the electrical. Or ideas how to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
288 Posts
When you say your interior dash lights?? Are you talking about brightness or all the symbols lighting up? Alot of members had the "multi-function" switch for your head lights go bad. In my case, thats what fixed mine. I would be driving down the road, I would notice my head lights would flicker, my nav unit would go brighter and dimmer. Purchased a replacement part from the dealer and havn't had the problem since. Other problems members have had was the ignition switch. You would notice all the symbols on the dash light up if that was bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the entire dash board lighting, radio, gear pos lights, and it has also turned on and off the interior lights. Shut down while driving 1 or 2 times. And the head lights on and off before. Fan motor went bad had it replaced and now it will only run on Hi. Have read where replacing the ignition, the control module and wiring harness has not stopped it. Can’t afford for them to part replacement and me foot that bill.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
If I were you I would start with replacing the ignition switch. You should be able to do it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts