Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys-

I have a 2007 Commander and on occasion all the dash lights will just come on when I'm driving. Most of them will go right back off, but a couple will stay on.

So far, this does not effect normal operation while driving. If I turn it off and restart it, it's all back to normal. Any thoughts -Thanks

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Hey Guys-

I have a 2007 Commander and on occasion all the dash lights will just come on when I'm driving. Most of them will go right back off, but a couple will stay on.

So far, this does not effect normal operation while driving. If I turn it off and restart it, it's all back to normal. Any thoughts -Thanks
Read this thread!

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14926&highlight=electronic

This went on for three days in a row. Each time, I went to the dealer but they could pull no code. They said that the next time it happened, bring it in but don't shut it off. Turning it off might erase the code!(?) So, I'm patiently waiting for it to happen again. It's been fine for two days now. From the thread, it could be the temp sensor wire or a headlight wire rubbing on the radiator cross member. It is too cold to go out there and look for a rubbing wire, but at least I know where to look! :stickpoke:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read this thread!

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14926&highlight=electronic

This went on for three days in a row. Each time, I went to the dealer but they could pull no code. They said that the next time it happened, bring it in but don't shut it off. Turning it off might erase the code!(?) So, I'm patiently waiting for it to happen again. It's been fine for two days now. From the thread, it could be the temp sensor wire or a headlight wire rubbing on the radiator cross member. It is too cold to go out there and look for a rubbing wire, but at least I know where to look! :stickpoke:
Thanks for the thread. This is exactly how mine is acting, I will check the wiring around the radiator support when the weather gets warmer. I will post if I find something to all this. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
There was a TSB out about the outside temperture reading high. The sensor was too close to the radiator, and the fix was to move the sensor to the left. I did it myself. This fixed the reading, but I did pull the sensor wire tight to accomplish the move. This is the first place I'm going to look as soon as it gets a little warmer out. :eek:rangehat:

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Thanks for the thread. This is exactly how mine is acting, I will check the wiring around the radiator support when the weather gets warmer. I will post if I find something to all this. :bigthumb:
Any news? Mine was fine for a week, but today it did it again. Only one time. Did not affect the guages or the heater fans. It did it about 10 minutes after I started it this AM. I drove for 1.5 hours. Parked for a couple of hours and then drove home. :mofo: :headbang: :icon_bs:

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is probably the only issue my Jeep has had since I've owned it, its like the lights will flicker for a few seconds and then stops. Happens maybe once every hour or so of driving. Just a minor annoyance. If anyone finds a resolution, would be cool, but no worries!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have the same problem going on with my Commander. First time no lights stayed on. Monday night it happened again and the ESP/BAS stayed on. This morning it happened again, lasted longer and flickered a couple times. Afterwards the CEL stayed on, and has been on after the Jeep sat for about 7 hours. Commander is an 07. Think it's the ignition switch as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts