Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Half the radio button lights on our 2006 4.7L Commander are out, as well as a portion of the control knobs underneath the radio.

Are there replaceable bulbs for the various sections of the dash? I would be surprised and disappointed if I had to replace the entire radio to have a full set of working lights :cursin:

Anyone had to replace dash bulbs if yes?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Search button
There is a very specific writeup on how to fix this problem. You need to be a little bit handy it involves soldering. You could also buy the panels at a considerable expense.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have one bulb out, does that mean the rest are soon to follow and I should wait to fix it?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would replace them all now. Someone like me is not to handy so I would probably get the complete board unless it is a easy fix. Keep us informed in what u do, and take a few pictures to share.

Steve

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would replace them all now. Someone like me is not to handy so I would probably get the complete board unless it is a easy fix. Keep us informed in what u do, and take a few pictures to share.

Steve
I'll take pics. Thanks all.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey the C/T button and the STEP button are supposed to light up right? I need to replace mine

·
Registered
389 Posts
C/T and STEP light up, yes. My reset is out (I think that one lights up as well?). I'd like to replace it but I'm not solder-inclined. I'm considering replacing my entire climate control panel for $100 (get the chrome knobs which is a plus I guess?) but it's probably not worth that much. I have plenty of expendable income right now, but that could probably be better spent if I just buy a soldering iron and try to do it myself.

How much would an iron cost to do this job?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
C/T and STEP light up, yes. My reset is out (I think that one lights up as well?). I'd like to replace it but I'm not solder-inclined. I'm considering replacing my entire climate control panel for $100 (get the chrome knobs which is a plus I guess?) but it's probably not worth that much. I have plenty of expendable income right now, but that could probably be better spent if I just buy a soldering iron and try to do it myself.

How much would an iron cost to do this job?
Fine tip soldering irons are very cheap at Radio Shack, you can get everything you need for maybe $10

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have this problem on my Commander as well. The fan speed and temp control knob lights are out. The directional control knob is still good but I'm just going to replace them all anyways. I'd love to get right at it at this moment, but im in Afghanistan so it'll have to wait. I've got lots of little things I want to do when I get back. Thanks for all the posts here. I wasn't too thrilled at the idea of replacing the whole HVAC control box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts