Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had their dash lights burn out yet? the heater control lights are all burned out after 1 1/2 years and 22,000 miles. the one was out after about 8 months and 10,000 miles. last night i got in it and now none of the heater knobs are lit up. has anyone changed theirs? are they hard to do? about how long does it take?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had the lights go out on the hvac controls and they replaced the whole switch assembly under warranty. There where no bulbs to change so they just replace the whole unit. Keep that in mind when you see all these components for sale on Ebay. My guess is alot of the time people are selling parts that have small problems like that. I don't know what the dealer does with the old parts they replace under warranty. Do they send them back to Chysler or do they throw them out?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did yours go out all at once or one at a time? IIRC the center knob went dark first then the other night i noticed the rest were out.
so you are saying the whole unit goes bad? if so i'll take it to the dealer.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
are the shift selector supposed to be lite up as well?

my drive indicator is the only thing that lights up at night. the park, reverse, neutral don't have any lighting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts