Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forum here. I just purchased an 06 limited commander last weekend. Other than my front dash speakers not working, I love the Jeep. I did some searching on the forum and found some schematics for the factory Amp and Nav system. If I understand correctly, the Nav sends a left and right channel to the Amp. The Amp uses the two channels from the Nav to output to six channels for the speakers.

I removed the storage tray in the left rear quarter panel where the Amp is located and disconnected the 14 and 34 connectors. I then used a double A battery and some wiring to attach the battery to the positive and negative leads to the dash speakers at the Amp connector. Both speakers produced sound in this test. So I'm thinking that the Amp is bad, but I want a second opinion before I order one.

Thoughts??

Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and have them fix it for free.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew the speakers didn't work when I bought it. I didn't think it would be a big deal to fix it. I'm pretty sure it is the Amp, but I just wanted to know what you all thought before I put another one in.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
My front left speaker wasn't working when i got mine. Long story short the wiring harness was grounding out on the fuse box under the driver side dash. The box has a very sharp edge. I pulled it off and taped it up and it is fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D-niceCommander I found your thread for that when I was doing some research for this problem. I checked there and found the sharp edge you were talking about, but everything looks good there.

I went ahead and got a new amp and that fixed the problem. Thanks for the suggestion though. You were the only one to offer some help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts