Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the transfer case actuator replaced on a Friday. Drove 50 miles Saturday. Vehicle sat for 3 days. Tuesday PM battery completely dead - less than 6 volts with DVM. Jump start and trickle charge overnight and Battery at 100%. Take to dealer, battery load tested fine, no excessive ignition draw, all modules go to sleep as should.

Any explanations out there ???

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Batteries are a strange animal, testing good is not always true. Stuff inside a battery can shift around and short out one time and then good another as well as other problems. How old is the battery?
Good to hear no excessive drain when off and alternator good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery still under warranty - Jeep dealer battery installed Jan '13. My hope (theory) is that there can be a non-catastrophic condition internal to the battery that will show up as a short term condition that explains the less than 6 volts but corrects itself and the battery returns to normal. Never heard of such a thing but I can hope.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Yes less than 6V sure sounds like a bad battery and not just run down. Talk to the Jeep dealer and see if they can try another battery as a test. My 05 Grand Cherokee had a bad battery when I took delivery of it brand new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts