Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i took the JC into the dealership today to get fixed the cracked, leaking fogs, the leaking drivers side rear sunroof, a spare key made, and replace missing headphone set. And inreturn they gave me this sweet taurus! Not :mad: LOL. Any who i am excited b/c i got my lift yesterday, i ordered the 2.5 lift and got the 2.0 lift so its ok, its not worth the time to send it back and what not. so if u guys have any pointers or anything on putting it on i would appreciate it. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
What lift did you get? I trying to think who offers a 2" and a 2.5" lift.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i talked to my buddy who was gonna help me put it on at his shop, he wants $300 plus an alignment to do it. I said WOW lol i didnt excpect to spend that much. Any one else pay a boat load? any local guys wanna come up here and help? lol just kiding

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any one reading this? lol so i just got off the phone with the dealer they did everything except the sunroof. They said there having a hard time getting it to seal. They have had it 2 days and ive been driving that dam taurus around lol. They said well were gonna need it till like monday or tuesday, i said BS im gonna come pick it up for the weekend and ill drop it off monday. So yea thats my story :D

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i am following your saga! many of the guys here have installed the lift themselves.....based on what i have read, 2-3 hours work.....$150? Of course if I did it myself, would be 5 or 6 hours..and a lot of cussing and screaming!

·
Registered
735 Posts
ya i did mine myself and it was cake. but i also have mechanical experience. but its not all that bad. but 300.00 is expensive. and then alignment is like 50-75 its self...

·
Registered
283 Posts
cico7 said:
i am following your saga! many of the guys here have installed the lift themselves.....based on what i have read, 2-3 hours work.....$150? Of course if I did it myself, would be 5 or 6 hours..and a lot of cussing and screaming!
Front left took 4 hours and much cussing and screaming by me. Then my mechanically-inclined buddy came by and other 3 corners were done in 2 more hours. Cost: 1 six-pack. Alignment cost around $50, including dismounting all 10 tires and moving the sensors to the new rims. Includes lifetime alignment now. I like my tire shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts