Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Commander and one of the 3rd rear seats will not go down. The lever has no tension on it. Dealer checked it out and said the part is discontinued. Now what do I do? I am one that bought their lifetime warranty and was worried that parts will become unavailable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would get a second opinion at another dealer or hit the junkyard. You could also see if there are any being parted out in your area. I'm currently searching for plastic trim that covers the seat controls (driver, passenger) and the one that covers the second row seat hinge when seats are folded. I have an 09'

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would get a second opinion at another dealer or hit the junkyard. You could also see if there are any being parted out in your area. I'm currently searching for plastic trim that covers the seat controls (driver, passenger) and the one that covers the second row seat hinge when seats are folded. I have an 09'
Those plastic seat covers are available on eBay, I bought new ones for both front seats about a year ago. I also got 4 new interior door handles on eBay. So I think a lot of these parts would be available from 3rd party sellers.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4.7L V8
264 Posts
Is the lever missing the plastic center cap? If so use a screwdriver or a penny and it should do the trick. Then make sure to hit a junk yard or have someone 3d print a couple of the buttons to stick in there. It's weird...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts