Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my fog lamps on the XK a couple months ago and due to my location in Southeast Alaska haven't made it to a dealership to get them activated by Starscan. I'm planning a short trip (solely to get them turned on) up to Juneau.

So I called the local Chrysler dealership and they didn't know what I was talking about and they couldn't get me in anyways. Then I call the Jeep dealer thinking this guy surely knows what I'm talking about. Nothing. He's got the scan tool so I guess we'll figure it out.

Has anyone else run into this? This wasn't a confidence booster by any means. I was going to have them install my block heater but am having second thoughts now.

Any input guys, please....I mean is it really that strange of a request nowadays with EVERYTHING controlled by computers?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
This is not unheard of, many of us had our mirror tilt turned on or DRLs and we had to tell the dealer how to do it based on information we learned here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not exactly what you're talking about, but I am having problems with fogs too - I can't even GET them.....

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6721

EDIT: Oh yeah, the scan tool instx are included with the instrx link I provided in the above thread. that should get'r done.

EDIT#2: What is this mirror tilt you speak of? Never heard that before.

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts