Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how long it would take the dealership to install a CAI for my 3.7L? Some guys on this site say it takes them 45 minutes and some say 2 hours.
How much do they charge per hour? Hopefully it should only take them 1 hour or so. I can't imagine them charging me $120 or more for the install.

I would like to know the prices before they install it next Monday (28th).

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
my dealer charges $80 per hour plus tax.

you could do it yourself and install it in an hour. they are pretty easy and come with pretty good instructions.

i installed one on my brothers toyota tacoma.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I read the instructions, but I do not have the much experience under the hood. However, I have changed the spark plugs and the coolant in our Altima.

It would be nervous since I have not done any Mods to an engine before. I saved a lot by purchasing my kit through Amazon.com for $215.00 with free shipping.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you can fill your vehicle up with gas and check the tire pressure then you can install a CAI.

·
Registered
84 Posts
drysuitdiver said:
OK whats a CAI

over here it means Confederation of Aerial Installers.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering about this. Being new to Jeep I was beginning to think it was a "secret handshake" or something. :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Kerwin said:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering about this. Being new to Jeep I was beginning to think it was a "secret handshake" or something. :D
No secret handshakes here - just the Jeep Wave!

Bob123 - you can certainly do this yourself. Just read the instructions and give yourself plenty of time. It can be done in under an hour - but if you need a couple of hours to be sure you're doing it right what does it matter?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Very easy install... Just take your time and follow the instructions.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
webjones said:
No secret handshakes here - just the Jeep Wave!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I totally agree I did my CAI in about 2 hours. About 40 mins was taken up when I suddenly decided to extend and move my block heater cord down and low on my XK.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I did mine in an hour no big deal and well worth it. Dont give the stealership a penny. The instructions are pretty good. Just familiarize yourself with everything before you start taking it appart.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the dealership install the kit for $80 plus tax. The two guys did it in one hour.
The sound is sweet above 2,000 rpm.

They did not disconncect the battery. Should I so that the car will relearn its shift points? I do notice a bit in throttle response, but expected more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts