Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i don't have much to trade. i have only removed the rear seats on mine. but my wife won't let me get rid of them.

how much do you want for that badge? do you have paypal?

i'd like to find a V8 badge for the back of my jeep.

once i start getting parts for the suspension lift and some tires i'll have to parts to get rid of.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
it looks pretty good.

you need to remove that molding on the doors. that would really clean up the look of the commander.

did they use double sided tape to hold those badges on?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Are there no holes behind the JEEP emblems CICO7?

·
Registered
717 Posts
4.7commander said:
it looks pretty good.

you need to remove that molding on the doors. that would really clean up the look of the commander.

did they use double sided tape to hold those badges on?
The door molding is held on by tape and clips...not a good look without it

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No holes. Just double sided tape and it is tough. I used 8lb test doubled and sawed through. The E85 badge is harder to get off. Still working on it.

I do like the Commander side rails. You can still see JEEP outline on the handle and there are 2 small indents for screws, but hardly noticeable.
When it gets a little warmer I am going to work on that.

Thanks for the input..

·
Registered
94 Posts
cico7 said:
No holes. Just double sided tape and it is tough. I used 8lb test doubled and sawed through. The E85 badge is harder to get off. Still working on it.

I do like the Commander side rails. You can still see JEEP outline on the handle and there are 2 small indents for screws, but hardly noticeable.
When it gets a little warmer I am going to work on that.

Thanks for the input..
What about a heat gun to soften it up, then saw with the fishing line.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Debadge

The heat gun (aka wife's hairdryer) is my next step. I had not thought about shooting wd behind it...and then heavier fishing line.....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Dealer emblems

For those who have dealership emblems glued to your XKs, there's an easy way to remove'em. Pull a string of dental floss, and 'floss' away the glue from the back from any side; stroke it steadily, and the emblem should loosen out steadily. I've done this to all my cars as well... annoys the heck out of me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sadly for me, this is my first ever V8 and first ever Hemi - so I am proudly displaying the Hemi badge for now!!!

I have however debadged my previous cars! Make sure you wax behind where the badge was afterwards!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts