Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have debadged everything but the "Jeep" on the chrome over the hatch releases on the back hatch. After I removed the "p" I noticed a blemish on the chrome. It was as if there was a small spot that was melted, kind of looks like a spot weld. Has anyone removed all the letters off the back chrome and seen this or is this just one spot?

·
Banned
389 Posts
The only badge I've removed from mine is that goofy looking E85 one on the rear passenger side.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have debadged everything but the "Jeep" on the chrome over the hatch releases on the back hatch. After I removed the "p" I noticed a blemish on the chrome. It was as if there was a small spot that was melted, kind of looks like a spot weld. Has anyone removed all the letters off the back chrome and seen this or is this just one spot?
I've debadged my entire Jeep and there is the same "blemish" behind the J. They are hardly noticeable, unless you are looking for them.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
When you purchase the black or chrome license plate brow, the "JEEP" letters are already on them. The letters are not a separate part, at least for the rear. Possibly, whoever manufacturers these uses a different kind of mounting tape. :icon_confused:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I debadged too. I have the black, not chrome. I too had the blemishes.
I sanded it down and put some putty in it. Sanded painted, sadned painted, sanded painted. And it is still visible. But not noticeable unless you are looking for it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
The two spots referred to are chrome and I have the chrome so like others are saying hardly noticeable. They are symettric so did not bother me. I didnt think they were blemishes. I was thinking backside of screws from inside. Thats just what it looked like to me. Nobody ever notices them but me of course

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thats good, dont debadge it SAL because it turns it into an H3 somehow. I hate it when people call it a Hummer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took off the rest. As there are two, it does look balanced and kinda of like screw heads.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts