Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so as my name implies I got my commander for a few reasons, seating is one of them lol but I am in a pickle...I have had nothing but sports cars and performance vehicles and now I have a SUV. A few years back I had a yota truck and off-roaded it alot...lifted 31s etc it was a blast. I have the 4.7 trailrated version and I plan to use the fact that I can go offroad with it :) but in the same token, I have this odd itch to go with the "show" look and possibly put some larger rims on. I cant make up my mind which I want more. with kids I wont get much off-road time and that show look is tempting, BUT im about to get some new tires for it and i plan on going with a off-roadable tire,Either way I have this feeling a Snorkel will grace my fender for when I take her off road. So I want opinions... Clean and flashy fun or mud and dirt fun.

~Goldie

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this tends to be the way im leaning anyhow...cause im sure 20s and a snorkel will look...well odd haha:rofl:

·
1,993 Posts
Well if attention is what you crave a modded street commander might get some looks but there a dime a dozen with all the suburbans and Tahoe's on 50" rims. Now go rock crawling in a modded XK and you will turn some heads dude trust me and the satisfaction of keeping up with the other rigs is pretty cool to. In my state alone I only know of two other XK's lifted and doing there thing that means your not following the heard your leading your own path.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Go for show, with the appearance of being a fast, powerful, off-road vehicle. I think that huge rims and rubber-band tires look out of place on the Commander. It's a Jeep; utilitarian by design. Embrace and embellish that. Lift it, throw on some 20's with a wider offset, but add some knobby tires too. I think that would look sick (if you can find low profile mud terrains- it would ride like s***, but look sooo good). Then fab. a vented hood, dual dump exhaust, and add chrome D-ring shackles to the front and rear. Fashion is born of function, so you have to make the mods look worthwhile.

Edit: Ok, so I just went tire shopping. Turns out they do make "low profile" mud terrains, and they look just as sick as I imagined. Too bad they cost as much as all my other mods combined, plus require a sawzall to install on the commander!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rims in that picture look sick! I want them for my jeep. I dont want the chrome rims I see alot. Im getting some decent road/ dirt tires soon as I have to drive my jeep all over creation on a daily basis but I hope to get a extra set of stock wheels or 16s and throw some good mud-terrains on or some other good mud tire.

·
Registered
77 Posts
my previous vehicle was a lifted dodge on 38" kumhos with 24" rims. i think those tires above are kumhos toos, but those rims are xd rockstars. mine were xd monsters. this truck got sooooooo many looks. best of both worlds, unless of course you ever need to air-down, then forget about it lol but those kumhos have crazy traction anyhow for moderate off roading

·
Registered
248 Posts
I hate when people rape their Jeeps and make them all show. Unless they're the entry level 2x4 smallest engine and entry level transmission. Then you might as well show it up because it's not going to do much off road.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
going off road...I need to find a good bargan on a 4" lift kit though...along with that Im making a custom front bumper for offroading, with winch mount and possibly a brush guard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts