Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smittybilt makes them now, but the design doesn't seem to have changed from when they were at Defenderrack.com.
BUT....can anyone with any style of this rack and the Commander specific rail mounts give me a measurement from the roof to the top of the basket? Maybe even the stock rail and the top of the basket? Whatever's easiest, I guess. I know the basket is about 4" deep, but I don't know what additional height the mounts give.

I'm thinking about finally getting either the full basket or the platform version, but I still need to be able to fit in my garage. I'm worried the rack might push me over my height clearance limit.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the info from another XK page, but I'll share it here for anyone else that might need it.
The top of the full basket Defender rack is about 6.5" off the stock rails with the rail mounts.

Reactions: jeep5253

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts
I got the info from another XK page, but I'll share it here for anyone else that might need it.
The top of the full basket Defender rack is about 6.5" off the stock rails with the rail mounts.
@Wombler Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts