Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SEARCHING FOR XK's, not XJ...sorry!

My apologies if there is a dedicated Jeep buying thread or area, I didn't see one.
Well, the top of the list is a 06 Limited Hemi, under 30K of miles. Dealer is asking under 17k for it. It appears to have everything but NAV and DVD which I don't really need need.

I also spy a 06 4.7 with about 33K, Sport, for about 13K.

I'm using the big sites like cars.com, autotrader.com, but if anyone has any sites that seem to have cheaper ones, let me know!!

I have yet to even test drive one of these yet...can't wait though!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UGH, I meant to say XK SHOPPING!!! I'm so used to typing XJ, it's second nature. Sorry 'bout that.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
UGH, I meant to say XK SHOPPING!!! I'm so used to typing XJ, it's second nature. Sorry 'bout that.
Thoughts that what you meant, I fixed it for you.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I think there have been some good deals from members on here... I don't know it they are still around though. If you have the choice, you won't be disappointed you got the hemi. The other engines are good too, but I've never heard anyone who regretted the hemi.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
based on your plans to go off road make sure you get the QD-II with 4-lo

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
06 Limited Hemi, under 30K of miles. Dealer is asking under 17k for it.
That's basicly what we got ... 24.000 miles Limted no NAV but we DO have the DVD ... we'ver had the Commander for a month or more and have not even tested the DVD yet :)

I plan on doing some towing so the Hemi and Tow Package were a must ... hi way mileage on the Hemi has been GREAT for us ... over 20MPG but that's at 55mph hiway only ... in town mileage drops off quickly.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
we've had the Commander for a month or more and have not even tested the DVD yet :)
I put my DVD in almost two years ago and have never used it, I guess the kids will on the way to Camp Commander Colorado (I better buy the headsets).

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I don't know if I posted this but every time I selcted DVD on the steering wheel contols, I'd hear this odd sort of kids music ... I figured it was just the DVD screen saver.

Last week, for no reason I reached around and hit the buttons on the DVD while my wife was driving .... afterwards the DVD controls door cover would not close ... there was a Disney kids DVD that ejected and was blocking the door :)

I emailed the Dealer (he was using it as his own car) and ended up mailing him back the DVD :)

So I know the SOUND works but have still never tried a DVD in it to see if it plays on the screen yet.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I put my DVD in almost two years ago and have never used it, I guess the kids will on the way to Camp Commander Colorado (I better buy the headsets).

Patton, when you buy the headsets make sure you get some kind of bag to store them in, My kids have broken 2 sets due to them or their friends setting on them and breaking the band that goes over the head.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I emailed the Dealer (he was using it as his own car) and ended up mailing him back the DVD :)
That was very nice of you, most people would have said nothing and kept the movie, good for you. :woot:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a working cell phone in the snow while walking into work this week and turned it into the Sprint store, speaking of good deeds. I remember losing mine and some guy found it and got it back to me.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
Patton, when you buy the headsets make sure you get some kind of bag to store them in, My kids have broken 2 sets due to them or their friends setting on them and breaking the band that goes over the head.
This is how I store my headsets.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I thought about that but did not want to advertise that there is a DVD system in vehicle. A friend of mine has a Denali and her system has been stolen twice!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion... You also gave me a idea for me next avitar change :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
That was very nice of you, most people would have said nothing and kept the movie, good for you. :woot:

Thanks! ... I figured if it was one of my kids DVD's they'd like it back too :)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
SEARCHING FOR XK's, not XJ...sorry!

My apologies if there is a dedicated Jeep buying thread or area, I didn't see one.
Well, the top of the list is a 06 Limited Hemi, under 30K of miles. Dealer is asking under 17k for it. It appears to have everything but NAV and DVD which I don't really need need.

I also spy a 06 4.7 with about 33K, Sport, for about 13K.

I'm using the big sites like cars.com, autotrader.com, but if anyone has any sites that seem to have cheaper ones, let me know!!

I have yet to even test drive one of these yet...can't wait though!
When you test drive, try not to smile too much in front of the salesman, it might cost you an extra $500.:rofl:

Seriously, though, you ought to test drive a 4.7 and a hemi and try different level of creature comforts. But I agree that you should get a QDII if you plan to off-road. Great in the snow too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts