Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am located in Europe and own a US version of Jeep Commander (XK). The previous owner has tampered with head- and taillights and I am now trying to get it back to stock version. I have already fixed headlights and now I need some help with taillights.

It would be of great help, if you could tell me how US lights work on a Commander. Here is a scheme I made for easier description:

Currently, my Jeep works like this:
A1, A2 -- used as turn signals (contain amber bulbs)
B1, B2, C1, C2 -- used as tail lamps
D1, D2 -- red side markers
C2 -- used as a rear fog lamp
I have an extra lamp where the hitch is that works as reverse light.

I would like to revert this back to the stock US version. I watched some YouTube videos and see that:
A1, A2 -- should be reverse lamps
B1, B2, C1, C2 -- still tail lamps
D1, D2 -- red side markers

• What about turn signals? Which lamps flash when you initiate a turn signal and hazard lights?
• What about stop lights? Do all four lamps glow (B1, B2, C1, C2)?
• What about rear fog lamps? I get the impression there are no rear fog lights on US Commander.

Thanks for help.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
What about turn signals? Which lamps flash when you initiate a turn signal and hazard lights? C1 and C2 are the turn signals
• What about stop lights? Do all four lamps glow (B1, B2, C1, C2)? No B1 and B2 ARE STOP LIGHTS B1,C1,B2, C2, are running lights
• What about rear fog lamps? I get the impression there are no rear fog lights on US Commander. No rear fog light in US
There is a third brake light on the top of lift gate
Hope this helps

D1,D2 side marker lights

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... after a long while, here I am. I was quite busy, then sort of forgot about this topic, then I was out of my country and only this weekend I got myself to revert my lights to stock.

I had to buy some new bulbs, cut and detach some wires, do some soldering, but now my Commander is as it should be - much to the disapproval of European authorities with those red turn signals.

I just wanted to thank you, I used your post to verify the lights have been connected correctly. One step at a time and I will fix all these little things that are bugging me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts