Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, I was going to trade it in but the trade-in value was too low, so i decided to take a few day's and glaze it, then detail. Enjoy Fella's

·
Registered
564 Posts
Looking good... In the first and second pic it looks like a RC car...:D Just keep it, you know you want to... ;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
there's a reason they call you SHINEY....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dh- What do you suggest i do to that bottom piece? Shine it or paint it?

·
Registered
496 Posts
ShinyBlackHEMI said:
Dh- What do you suggest i do to that bottom piece? Shine it or paint it?
Paint would be a completely different look... I just removed mine completely, and I love the look of it. I would be interested in seeing it that glossy black though.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
dh63269 said:
That's a sharp building you're in front of as well.. What is it?
They call those Churches! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Looks great, Shiny.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looking good. Nice and shiny. I also took off the plastic piece below the fascia. Just turn the knobs on the back side and it comes off. It's really easy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Generally not a fan of this style, but I like this one. Well done!

I am curious as to which glaze you used, and did you do the process of wash, clay, wax then glaze? I would love to get a finish that smooth just once.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
What's the fascination with removing the air dam? It leaves an unfinished look when you remove it, and it takes away a lot of the structural integrity when it's removed. Your fascia is flopping in the wind with it gone.

Shiney, looks good. Do you still have the lowering springs on?

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is not my choice of look for a jeep (or any 4wd for that matter) but I must admit, that does look pretty sharp.

·
Registered
496 Posts
RedCommander said:
What's the fascination with removing the air dam? It leaves an unfinished look when you remove it, and it takes away a lot of the structural integrity when it's removed. Your fascia is flopping in the wind with it gone.

Shiney, looks good. Do you still have the lowering springs on?
That's not true at all....

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
It doesn't look bad at all and I haven't heard any noise from it flopping. I don't think it flops due to the angle. There's pics in the link below that show the difference between one that's on and off. It also appears to give the front a little higher stance with it removed.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3845&page=11

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
dh63269 said:
That's not true at all....
Uh, yes it is. I took mine off for a few minutes while doing something else and it loosened up the bottom portion of the fascia considerably. And, it's only your opinion that it looks better with the piece missing, but you also think a Jeep with 30" wheels look good. So, I'll take your opinions with a grain of salt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts