Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never been up here before. i think its pretty cool. i'm not sure how deep this sucker is. bet the local club went up and i went along as well. as you can see, i'm the smallest. but the commander did well until i got on a steep side hill with snow and slid off the side. i unspooled the winch, hooked up to a tree and was out in a few minutes. the other guys have pictures. so i'll get those when i have a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Those pics are great! Wish I could get up into the hills and get some playing done, but the hills around here aren't much for off-roading and the BLM just keeps taking 'em away.

Looking good, I especially like that third one! Good times.

Great job with the winch, I'll have mine hooked up tomorrow - maybe I can go use it next weekend. How did the rails hold up?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like a smaller version of the grand canyon! Nice pictures.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i i hit them once. not a problem. i hit the diff. cover and the rear axle. i drug a rock under it for awhile and came off fine.

my transmission freaked out and went into limp mode. i turned off my jeep for a few minutes and it came out of limp mode. i think the tranny got to hot because i had a bunch of snow stuck in the radiator.

it went to running normal, but the light was still on. on the way home on the highway i bumped my ignition key with my knee. i turned off the jeep going 70 mph, i clicked it back on and the transmission light is off again. i'll run the code scanner tool on it and see if there is any other problem.

the jeep worked great as usual.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
No winching pics? I'm disappointed!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wow, I have got to get out West for some wheeling!
Great Pics!

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think you can get down there. a few of the old timers have been fishing down there. they said its a hell of a time getting down there.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some more pictures. from Matt the guy in the Blazer

where i slid off the trail into a large pine tree and had to winch back up. it only took a few minutes to get back on.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
So were the other guys amazed at the capabilities of the Commander?

After seeing the picture of you off the path, I have to say I am a little worried about getting stuck in Colorado when we go.

I wish I had a job so I could afford to buy one of your bumpers and a winch. I would feel so much better about the trip.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
After seeing the picture of you off the path, I have to say I am a little worried about getting stuck in Colorado when we go.
There will be enough of use there with a winch to keep you out of trouble. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts