Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked the Admins to add a Diagnostic Trouble Codes Section where we can post specific codes and there causes as well as solutions. When you post a new thread in this section please be sure to include the DTC in the title and if you have a code already listed try to post your comments in that current section.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I asked the Admins to add a Diagnostic Trouble Codes Section where we can post specific codes and there causes as well as solutions. When you post a new thread in this section please be sure to include the DTC in the title and if you have a code already listed try to post your comments in that current section.
Go here to find out what the codes mean:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm#2000

And, while they tell you where to look, you still need to troubleshoot the problem area. It can be something as simple as a broken wire or loose ground connector rather than something serious. Troubleshooting the system to which the code refers can be rather complicated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
P0751/0753 Shift solenoid stuck off/solenoid elictrical

I was in a small south central Kansas town last Thanksgiving week with the above codes and having to drive in "limp mode". The local dealer wouldn't even look at it until the following Monday, but a well recommended shop took it in promising to have it repaired by Wednesday. Come Wednesday afternoon and they couldn't get the parts for it until Monday..... So I had them put it back together, and they sent me on my way in "limp mode" for $350; for doing basically nothing.

We made it home for Thanksgiving and I took the Commander in on Monday to our local dealer. It didn't need any parts! All it needed was insulating the shorted out wires going into the transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts