Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was advices by the workshop to replace the upper and lower Arm Control before lifting the car.
My milage now is 95,000 miles (153,000 km), he is saying, as it was never replaced, it's recommended to get new ones before lifting.

Did anybody replaced it?

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
I was advices by the workshop to replace the upper and lower Arm Control before lifting the car.
My milage now is 95,000 miles (153,000 km), he is saying, as it was never replaced, it's recommended to get new ones before lifting.

Did anybody replaced it?
@Nasr; It depends on the condition of your factory upper & lower UCA's; It is not necessary to replace the upper & lower UCA's for a 2 inch lift if the they are in good shape & the bushings are sound.

If the bushings are shot (have a lot of play in them) then yes, you'd probably want to replace your UCA's & LCA's first;

I replaced my factory UCA's with JBA Upper Control Arms for lifted XKs (Part # JBA-6.7.00-SLB) I did that right before I had my WAM custom front bumper installed - due to the extra weight of the steel front bumper;

I replaced my lower control arms with a new set of Moog Lower Control arms about a year or so later, when I had my 4 inch Superlift installed - because the bushings in my factory LCA's were shot at that point, when my 4x4 shop had inspected them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts