Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This only happens if I let it idle for 5+ minutes or if I am stuck in rush hour traffic. The suspenion makes loud noises when I push the gas or hit the brakes. It is pretty loud and just sounds like the supsenion is stretching. Sounds like it is coming from the front end. I will take it to the dealer soon, but did not know if any of you guys had this happen to you. If I drive to work in mild traffic it NEVER happens (23.5 mile commute).

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
807 Posts
do you have a lift kit or is its a standard stock commander?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Were the temps colder like below 50*F? The front sway bar is known for having bushing noise in the colder climates.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. It is the standard suspension. It is a 2006 Limited 4X4 Hemi if that makes any difference. I live in Austin, TX so under 50 is just now happening in the mornings. Today it reached a high of 75.

?????????????????

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had this same issue/problem. It was worse in the summer heat because the rubber parts could expand more. It occured when excellerating and coming to a stop - going over a bump or up a driveway.

The problem is the FRONT sway bar bushings. They apparently rot fast. It took the dealer three times to finally believe me and replace them. I actually had the service manager take a ride with me to hear th enoise so the technician could not say "cant duplicate the problem."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks John Wayne. I now have ammo going into the dealership. It seems to be better now that it is cold. Did yours start while idling for periods of more than a couple of minutes? Also, after I get to a nice cruise with no stops for few miles or so the sound stops.

Funny, my dealer also said they could "not duplicate the problem". If I have to I will get the service manager to take a ride as well!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The noise was worse when the temp outside was warmer. So I rode around to get the Jeep warmed up and took it in when I heard the noise. Asked the Service Manager to come along for a ride so he could hear it too.

It is the front bushings, I know there is a TSB for the rear bushings - but this was different. At first the dealer said it was that problem.

Be persistant - it is the only way they will fix the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts