1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Magnaflow cat-back--love it!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I did the Gibson cat-back and am happy with it. Going to get it welded by my local shop so that I don't have to keep tightening/adjusting the clamps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I purchased a magnaflow muffler only and am having the local shop weld it in. The part number is 12586 MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER 5" X 11" 22" BODY 2-1/2"

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love my Magnaflow exhaust, it sounds great when I stomp on it!!! Probably why I get such great gas mileage :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the magnaflow cat-back on the Hemi. Love it. Quiet under 2500 RPM, just enough roar at WOT to let the nearby cars know to get out of my way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exhaust

I did alot of looking around and ened up going with the MBRP stainless system. Comes with a lifetime warranty, looks and sounds good, and was very reasonably priced for the materials used.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I have a Startech twin pipe sitting waiting to be put on! Its brand new and got it a few months ago, so should really make the effort.

If I ever get the truck back from the dealer, I may consider getting it mounted!!!

As I'm still keeping the Commander as a kids transport vehicle, I'll continue to mod it!!! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there a muffler out there that increases performance but doesnt sound like a apache helicopter? I know Dynomax are good for imports to get increase in HP with out the fart can sound. Not sure about bigger engines. Had Flowmaster 40 on my ZJ and dual Flow 40's on my Suburban. Both pretty loud.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Magnaflow

I went with a Magnaflow muffler (P/N 11229 4"X9".14" case,19" overall, 3" in/out - offset/center). I really like the sound so far - loud when wanted throaty but not abrasive otherwise. MDS in not noticeable sound wise to me when active. I stayed with stock pipes as the bends are clean,pipe diameter is 2.71 (larger than Magnaflow catback) and I kept the stock resonator. It would be to loud without it I believe.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Is there a muffler out there that increases performance but doesnt sound like a apache helicopter? I know Dynomax are good for imports to get increase in HP with out the fart can sound. Not sure about bigger engines. Had Flowmaster 40 on my ZJ and dual Flow 40's on my Suburban. Both pretty loud.
Your really not going to notice an increase in performance by swapping in a new muffler. They only way your really going to gain anything is with a complete cat back exhaust.

If you have the 4.7 liter I highly recommend the Flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Another happy Magnaflow customer! Wanted to cheat and get a dual tip out of the single exhaust. Didnt work so it still looks like everyone elses.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went with the Magna Flow, not to happy with sound, sounds like Jar Jar Binks is taking a dump when gears are shifting under accelration. Overalll the truck feels slower now, but I only had it on for three days. I am headed from Miami to Grand Isle in the morning to go work on the GOS so I will let everyone know if my economy and sound gets better after putting a few thousand miles on the truck.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts