Jeep Commander Forum banner

Which exhaust system did you choose?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts
I went with the Magna Flow, not to happy with sound, sounds like Jar Jar Binks is taking a dump when gears are shifting under accelration. Overalll the truck feels slower now, but I only had it on for three days. I am headed from Miami to Grand Isle in the morning to go work on the GOS so I will let everyone know if my economy and sound gets better after putting a few thousand miles on the truck.
I don't know about the 4.7 but the Magnaflow cat-back sounds great on the HEMI.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know about the 4.7 but the Magnaflow cat-back sounds great on the HEMI.

I was hoping it would sound as good as my old 5.2 GC with a gibson cat back...

The Magna Flow Cat Back is the same for the 5.7 as it is for the 4.7, all the hangars were in the right place also, hell my box even said for "5.7l Jeep Commander ONLY"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a muffler out there that increases performance but doesnt sound like a apache helicopter? I know Dynomax are good for imports to get increase in HP with out the fart can sound. Not sure about bigger engines. Had Flowmaster mufflers 40 on my ZJ and dual Flow 40's on my Suburban. Both pretty loud.
I always had Magnaflow since I wanted something quiet but for a change I want to switch over to something which is not too loud but has high HP. Any idea on Flowmaster?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a Flowmaster 40 and K&N CAI on my 2000 CLK 430. The sound was great (not too loud). When I sold the car the guys at the Mercedes dealership loved the sound. I could feel a difference in power at the low end which was what I was wanted. I just ordered a K&N 57 CAI and Magnaflow cat back for my 2007 Hemi Commander Limited. I plan to install next week and I'll post results after I run the new system. Anyone out there have similar? Let me know what you think. The only question I have is about the resonator. Should I keep it or lose it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you upgrade your exhaust?

I had a local shop weld in a Magna flow muffler. I kept the stock resonator and pipe. It sounds really good.

·
Registered
542 Posts
So, what would sound better for the 3.7L wuss? I like it quiet on idle and cruising speed but, wouldn't mind a little growl when I put the pedal down. Any suggestions (besides upgrading to the Hemi)?

:killtard:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I decided to try something different. What's the worst thing that could happen? I chop it off and try something else. I went with the new Cherrybomb Vortex muffler. I just went with 3" all the way out with a stainless tip. It is very quiet below 2000 rpm's but stupid loud above 4000 rpm's. The best part of it is the lovely crackling noise when you manually downshift during deceleration. It can be a little droning on a road trip though. I wouldn't recommend it if you do a lot of highway driving.

Here is a link:

http://www.cherrybomb.com/products/vortex

By the way, this is my first post and I haven't add all my information yet. It is on an '06 Hemi Limited QDII.

·
Registered
15 Posts
flowmaster 50 suv

I like the deep throaty sound.:rofl:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have the 3.7L V6 and im interested in getting better mpg from it, which kind of muffler do u guys think would do the job?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I havent voted, yet, but I used to have a Flomaster 50 series in my 04 F150 5.4L. It was decent, but for some reason sounded butter on my 99 F150 V6 (??). I have heard good things about the Magnaflow...

Will have installed, will vote ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
How much should I be looking to spend on exhaust on my 2006 5.7L? I want the mpg benefits and less engine pressure you get from performance exhaust but would also like it to be as quiet as humanly possible.
Stealth and speed is the idea. Who are the best companies at that?

rjhj

Toronto, Ontario.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the Gibson

I would recommend the Gibson. It's the only full 3 inch exhaust out there. Available in SS and installs easily. I think the sound is just right, with a V8 rumble that is subdued and somewhat louder on acceleration. I used SS band clamps as well as the provided ones and it is leakfree, rock solid and looks good.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine is till stock and I think it sounds great. Plus I can still hear my music playing while cruising down the highway. I hate the "drone" that after-market exhaust is known for.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm all stock right now too. I'm just trying to figure out ways to free up airflow without making my '06, 5.7 sound like a fire breathing monster.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Flowmaster 50 sounds great turns heads all the time

·
Registered
471 Posts
Can I swap my exhaust from cat back in my driveway with a couple jack stands or am I just looking for trouble and swear words thinking like that?
I haven't had a good look under there yet to know what the set up is like.

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts
Can I swap my exhaust from cat back in my driveway with a couple jack stands or am I just looking for trouble and swear words thinking like that?
I haven't had a good look under there yet to know what the set up is like.

I did mine in my driveway on ramps. Didn't jack it up at all.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts