Jeep Commander Forum banner

Which exhaust system did you choose?

• Total voters
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Would there be any welding involved? Say on a Gibson system?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
No welding on the Magnaflow cat-back but I don't know about the other systems. I think that if they are cat-backs they should just bolt on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did a cat back custom dual exhaust using a flowmaster super 40. 3" center inlet dual 2.5" outlet with no low hanging fruit. The tips exit at the rear at the same height as the bumper and well above the articulation supports. The spare had to be removed so the exhaust could be mounted to the inside of the rails and up as high as possible. You see absolutely nothing when looking at it from any angle. No chance of crushing it and the rear skid plate can still be used. The interior noise might be to loud for a lot of people, but me I had to hear the sound of an American V8. I actually find myself turning down the radio just to hear it inside the truck. Since I can't hear what it sounds like on the street while I'm driving I have to go by what people tell me. It all has been very positive. Not to loud, not to quiet. It has a great muscle car sound. Classic flowmaster.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Knock knock, opening the thread up! Did anyone go with flowmaster SUV muff? I want a little sound but not much, just more flow than anything!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I did the Gibson cat-back and am happy with it. Going to get it welded by my local shop so that I don't have to keep tightening/adjusting the clamps.
How did you gt one for the 4.7 I thought they only made them for 2wd 4.7?:bowdown:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the Flowmaster 50 on mine here is a video, cold start..

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks, she will be a lot louder soon.. Stock resonator coming off and headers are going on!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im getting headers made for the SRT8 by OBX, they are a direct fit just need SRT8 gaskets, o2 sensors are in stock location may need extensions for rear 2. Its suggested to weld in stock cats instead of OBX resonator as our HEMIs respond better with having cats in since they are a true high flow cat. Ill be running a custom tune with EGR delete and to compensate with mod...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just put a Gibson on my wife's 4.7 yesterday. Sound is great. Havent driven it much. Getting a 2" RC lift, Rancho shocks and struts and new tires tuesday. With all the money Ive spent on my Chrysler SRT8, i felt obligated to do something nice for my wife's ride!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts