Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have still yet to level my wife's commander. Well she had my excursion the other day so I ran some errands in the commander. Not use to driving it i pulled up close to the line. Grabbed my drink and as I was gulping I looked up and noticed I couldn't see the stop light. So i opened the sun roof and there it was. SO, when you added the 2" lift did help gain some visibility? I'm thinking gaining 2" close up will gain feet far away but not sure what the pay off will be. Any help appreciated

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it down and she is shorter so I'm sure that's a no go. Oh well I guess it's easier to trade it than fix issues. Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
I lifted the front two inches and kept the rear at stock height, which leveled my Overland to within 1/4". Kicking the nose up was quite noticeable and it did help with the traffic light thing, but leaning forward every once in a while isn't going to hurt anyone.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lifting the front and lowering the seat should somehow solve the problem. Seeing the traffic light through sunroof sounds way too off vision for you.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
The upward visibility is lacking because of the shorter, shallower raked windshield that is more forward. If you sit high in the vehicle, which I like, it makes upward visibility difficult.

Most commanders have a power driver seat, it should be adjustable in height and in fact it will automatically move downward as you move it aft.

Tilting the vehicle nose up will help a bit, so leveling the vehicle may improve that. Just raising the vehicle, doesn't change angles, if you're only missing the bottom of the light by 2", then maybe it will come in view.

It's about the angles, NOT the height. Lowering the seat, give you a better angle to look up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts