Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
top secret info. i finally got ahold of someone to become a site sponsor and make it legal to pimp my stuff. so anyway i wanted to save this until after i paid my money.

the ring is 3/8" thick. the rest is 1/4" thick. there is a fill plug and a drain plug. both are recessed allen bolts so they cannot be ripped out on the trail.

this one is for the 10 bolt QT1 and QT2 axles. i'm waiting for a diff cover for the 12 bolt QD2 cover so i can build a flange and the rest of the cover. it will be similar to this one.

i'm planning on doing a group buy on these after all my stuff is set up. i'll do a group buy on both.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ummmm... Nuke proof?

WOW! Great job!

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes. more capacity. not sure how much yet. i'll install it later this week. magnet on the diff. plug as soon as i find a good source.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about!

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so don't change your fluids yet. in the next few weeks i'll set something up.

and lets just add. if you break this you'll have to drive your jeep off a cliff.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Not pretty but that is what I need. Looking forward to the 12 bolt version.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there will be some cool logos going on these as well. you will be able to choose from 3 logos that will be spot welded to the diff. cover.

once i have those finished i'll post some pictures of those as well.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Looks good. Did you have any issues with the bolt heads hitting the cover? Some of them look really close, almost to the point that the bolt wouldn't seat properly as it is tightened.

You should also sell one without logos and in flat black for those who like the stealth look.;)

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there will be options. i can get these powder coated pretty cheap since they are smaller.

i know some people like stealth and some like to show off their stuff.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not a problem. i'm using allen head bolts to replace the existing bolts. the allen bolts won't get stripped or broken when you run them over a rock. all you have to do is stick your allen key in the bolt and you are good to go.

Looks good. Did you have any issues with the bolt heads hitting the cover? Some of them look really close, almost to the point that the bolt wouldn't seat properly as it is tightened.

You should also sell one without logos and in flat black for those who like the stealth look.;)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I'm in definitely need of one. The 12 bolt version of course. I also like to show off my stuff. Congrats on becoming a sponsor.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm all about things that won't brake...I'll keep watching ;)

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I think I'll be in for one too, but, how much of an increase over stock capability will this provide? Bigger rocks? I guess I'm just not sure what the stock cover is capable of. Anyone broke one?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
phunkey broke his. he breaks everything. (just rubbing it in) ha!

i bent my lip up on mine. it has started leaking.

cajun's is leaking and bent. i'm not sure who else there is.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Nice, this is what I'm looking for! What's next, a 4.56 gear set for the stock front diff? (Hint, hint!)

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Just out of curiousity do you know if 4.10 gears are going to be available? Also for the differential covers, is the drain plug low enough to get all of the old fluid out? In the pictures its hard to tell.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That thing looks awesome! Are they still available? What is the price?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
That thing looks awesome! Are they still available? What is the price?
GetLost4x4 no longer makes these items, you might send him a PM to see if he has any left over units but you may be out of luck there too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts