Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting problem I came across. I wear a thick cotton black jacket in winter and I bought a navy blue one for my nephew for Christmas. The color is rubbing of into my light greystone door panels. I tried cleaning it off with Spray Nine, VIM and even resorted to Fight Back graffiti remover. Nothing will remove it. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
480 Posts
You can try to use a mild abrasive. Magic erasers work wonders on stubborn stains because they remove the top layer of material, but they're mild enough that you won't cause any damage.

Before stepping up to that, though, I'd recommend trying some other cleaners. My go to is Totally Awesome Cleaner, which you can pick up at a number of stores, including some dollar stores. It's one of the best cleaners I know of, and will remove many stubborn stains while being gentle enough to use on almost any material. I wouldn't recommend using it on leather or glass, but almost every other surface in your interior can be cleaned with it. You can start with it diluted 10 to 1 with water, and work your way up to a 1 to 1 mixture if your stains need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts