Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my 06 Commander in Feb, 4.7 4X4, white. I have since noticed the discussed wind noise from the upper windshield area. I will bring it in to have this looked at and also bring a copy of all the posts on this issue to the dealer. Here is one issue I have not seen on the forum. Within 3 month the rear bumper facia under the case cap area has turned yellow. I'm sure this is from small amounts of gas during fill up. I would expect this to happen after several years, but 3 month? Seems that even when it is just a little sllush of gas that just comes up around the edge of the fill neck, the gas is running back behind the black plastic that hold the fill neck, then finding it's way between the metal body and out onto the facia just behind the rear wheel. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I approach the dealer with this. I'm assuming it will only get more yellow as the months go by. Could this be a flaw with the paint or plastic on the facia?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
i have a whit 4X4 also not had thid problem. My JC is about 6 months old. Do have the wind noise. Taking in for 2nd time friday, will post on wind noise thread.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have read where the white ones are having problems. seems to be some tire dressing that the factory used that is splashing up on the fascia and discoloring it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts