Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Discount Tire / Minor Update

Has anyone ordered wheels from Discount Tire? The reason I ask is I'm planning on wheels and tires with my tax return. I want to be sure that the wheels that are offered on their site for a Commander will fit properly. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to backspacing and offset and all that, so I have to take their word for it. Here is what I'm looking at.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-127&yr=2007&pc=23957&counter=1&wd=17&rw=8.5&vid=011478

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/goodyear/size/viewProductDetail.do?pc=31925

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nice looking wheels and tires. I haven't bought my jeep tires from discount but did buy a set of wranglers for my baja bug. Discount treated me well and the service was excellent. I did recently buy a set of wrangler silent armors for the jeep (from another vendor which i felt compelled as they did some free service for me recently) and increased the tire size from P245/65r17 to P265/65r17's. I gained an inch in height and 20mm in width.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Discount Tire.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've used Discount Tires since the early 80s in Texas and for the past 17 years here in the NW. Always bought the same brand, Michelin, so it always worked out. Good tires, good service.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I purchase all my tires for all my cars at Discount Tire. They have great service and the best prices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just picked up a set of goodyear duratrac's. Really nice tire! Disc tire always gets my business! Can't beat their prices and service. They were out of my size locally, so they shipped them from AZ.in 3 days! (Free shipping too) got to love um...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I've bought tires from Discount Tire, but never wheels. But some folks on the forum have purchased wheels from them. They are a sponsor on the site.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I just bought a set of Michelins for my wife's Subaru Outback from Discount Tire. They had the best price. After placing my order I got a call back that the tires I ordered were out of stock. I was offered another set of Michelins that were $20+ more expensive for the same price as the ones I ordered. Great deal! (Thanks Travis!) They'll be here tomorrow from Texas (3 days)!

They'll do right by you.

:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Those wheels will fit great!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thank you everyone for the kind words! We really appreciate your support here on the boards.

Smitty1970: The 17x8.5 5-127 +25 Vision Warrior is guaranteed to work on your application. The tires however (245/75-17) will rub and a 2" lift is recommended.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Discount Tire / Minor Update

I ordered the wheels and tires on Thursday 4/1 . I ordered the TPMS stems, tires , and wheels, mounted and balanced, with free shipping. I had to call them and order so that I could get the TPMS stems but the guy still gave me the $50 online discount. I got a nice deal, I think. They sell the TPMS stems for $36 each, but I got mine for $28 each. The total cost is $1300.00 even. I will still have a mail-in rebate with Goodyear for ordering a set of 4 tires. It might take a week or so though as they dont stock the wheels in their warehouse. I will post pics as soon as possible. I am so impatient and am already driving my wife crazy. Wish her luck !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts